Tektronix Shows Latest TV Everywhere and CALM Act Monitoring Solutions at Cable-Tec Expo 2013
Tektronix Enables Cable Operators to Address Their Latest Quality Assurance Needs
ATLANTA - October 14, 2013 - Tektronix (www.tektronix.com), the market leader in broadcast video test, monitoring and analysis solutions, will showcase its latest video and audio monitoring solutions for ensuring the quality of TV Everywhere services and for complying with the Commercial Advertising Loudness Mitigation (CALM) Act, here in its booth (529) this week at Cable-Tec Expo 2013.
"The products we are demonstrating at this year's Cable-Tec Expo illustrate Tektronix' dedication to solving cable operators most important and timely quality assurance requirements," said Eben Jenkins, general manager, Video Product Line, Tektronix. "We've expanded our award-winning Sentry line and introduced new features to our waveform monitors to help our customers ensure that their subscribers can watch any program in the best quality, anytime, anywhere. With the Tektronix suite of video quality monitoring solutions, we make it easy for cable operators to find solutions for all of their quality assurance needs, from monitoring content from set-top boxes, ensuring that all content is ready to be streamed for TV Everywhere services to assisting with CALM Act reporting and compliance."
Tektronix will demonstrate the latest video monitoring capabilities of its products at the show, including:
- TV Everywhere quality assurance using its award-winning Sentry monitors, enabling cable operators to ensure that all TV Everywhere programs are free from video errors and that these video assets are intact, stored properly and available for immediate streaming when requested by viewers.
- How cable operators can fully comply with the CALM Act using its Sentry Edge II, WFM5250 wave form monitor and MTS4000 as a comprehensive solution.
- How its MTS4000 is used for troubleshooting at cable operators' headends.
- How its cloud-based QCloud solution ensures content readiness for file-based workflows running on a cloud infrastructure in production, post production and broadcast facilities, in addition to online video services.
- How its Sentry Edge II provides a high-performance, scalable solution for post-QAM monitoring in the dynamic video environment edge monitoring.
- Advanced quality of experience (QoE) monitoring with its Sentry, Medius and Sentry 10G.
Technical Paper Presentation
Tektronix vice president of video network monitoring, Steve Liu, will present his technical paper "Troubleshooting and Monitoring Recommendations for TV Everywhere Deployments" during the conference's "Managing to Maximize the Customer Experience" workshop on Wednesday, October 23 from 8-9:15 a.m. and again from 11 a.m.-12:15 p.m.
For more than sixty five years, engineers have turned to Tektronix for test, measurement and monitoring solutions to solve design challenges, improve productivity and dramatically reduce time to market. Tektronix is a leading supplier of test equipment for engineers focused on electronic design, manufacturing, and advanced technology development. Headquartered in Beaverton, Oregon, Tektronix serves customers worldwide and offers award-winning service and support. Stay on the leading edge at www.tektronix.com.