與 Tek 業務代表即時對談。 上班時間：上午 8:30 - 下午 5:30 (太平洋時間)
TLA600 Series Upgrade Guide
What’s new for the Tektronix TLA600 Series logic analyzers
The TLA600 Series logic analyzers are replaced by the TLA5000 Series logic analyzers
- TLA5000 logic analyzers– Four new TLA5000 Series logic analyzers that offer 500 ps (2 GHz) deep memory timing with up to 32 Mb memory depth, with 125 ps MagniVu acquisition, simultaneous with 235 MHz state acquisition. The TLA5000 logic analyzers replace the TLA600 logic analyzers.
- 500 ps (2 GHz) Deep Memory Timing – acquisition with up to 32 Mb memory depth on quarter-channels to capture elusive digital signal timing problems over long time spans. 1 GHz deep timing at up to 16 Mb memory depth is available on half-channels and 500 MHz deep timing is provided on all channels at up to 8 Mb memory depth.
- 125 ps (8 GHz) MagniVu™ Timing – acquisition on all channels with 16 Kb memory depth per channel. Users can view any channel with 125 ps timing resolution to verify digital signal timing. Additional capabilities include adjustable MagniVu sample rate (125 ps to 1 ns), movable trigger position and a separate MagniVu trigger action that can be triggered independent of the main trigger. Another benefit of the MagniVu acquisition technology is the separate 51-bit, 125 ps resolution timestamp memory that provides automatic and accurate time-correlation over a 3.25 day duration with a typical correlation accuracy of 2 ns between channels.
- 235 MHz State – acquisition that enables tracing data flow and program execution of processors and buses. A setup/hold window 1.5 ns provides accurate data capture from fast processors and buses. This window is adjustable in 125 ps increments within a range from –16 ns to + 8 ns.
- 512 kb to 8 Mb Memory Depth – enables triggering on the symptom of a problem and capturing the cause when widely separated in time. Memory depth configurations of 512 Kb, 2 Mb, and 8 Mb are available. All instruments can trade channels for up to 32 Mb memory depth on quarter-channels (using an 8 Mb instrument).
- P6419 - Low-Capacitance, High-density 17-channel Compression Probe – combines high-speed timing and state acquisition through a single probe that doesn’t require on-board PCB connectors. The new P6419 compression probe features an ultra low <0.7 pF capacitance.The P6419 offers 16 data channels and a clock/qualifier line.
- iLink™ Tool Set – Quickly and easily find and characterize elusive analog and digital problems with the iLink toolset. The iLink toolset includes:
- iConnect™ – simultaneous analog and digital acquisition through a single logic analyzer probe.
- iView™ – displays automatically time-correlated analog and digital data on a single logic analyzer display.
- iVerify™ – enables multi-channel analysis and validation using high-resolution oscilloscope-generated eye diagrams.
- Filter/Color – Show, hide, or color data in listing or waveform windows based on Boolean clause definitions (AND and OR) using channel, group, sample, or timestamp values. Capability also supports filtering on disassembly mnemonic values and text values. Filtering process is “filter-on-demand” which saves time when filtering large memory captures. When an acquisition is complete the application only filters what is displayed, instead of making you wait minutes while the entire memory is processed. Then, when the data window is scrolled, it continues to filter what is displayed. Create multiple filter definitions and manager filters within the application. Filter definitions can also be shared across TLA setup files through the “load filter” capability. Filters can also be saved for use later through the “save filter” mechanism. Filter/color capability is fully compatible with TLAVu.
- Enhanced Search – More powerful search capability using Boolean clause definitions (AND and OR) using channel, group, sample, timestamp values, or event duration. Capability also supports searching on disassembly mnemonic values, text values, glitches, setup/hold violations, and qualification gaps. Search across multiple data sources using “DataSource1 OR DataSource2” capability. Load/save search definitions. Quickly change between search definitions using drop down menu of most recently used search definitions. Enhanced search capability is fully compatible with TLAVu.
- Graph Window – New type of data window added to the “Add Data Window” wizard. Allows graphing of multiple data series. Individual display properties for each series allow users to customize their display by choosing different data point indicators, colors, and line styles. Flexible axis definitions including time, sample number, group value, row/line number, and timestamp. Cursors with readouts and lock cursor/window controls. Marks to locate key data in a graph. Supports normalized data ranges. Works with filtered data so users can remove gaps in data and graph data by filtered sample number. Color grading to graphically represent hit frequency. Zoom controls to allow users to zoom in or zoom out on graph data. Graph window is fully supported with TLAVu.
- AutoDeskew – New capability that automates deskew and verification of logic analyzer setup/hold windows. Adjustments can be made per channel. Allows custom clock setups and users can utilize different setup/hold settings for each type of clocking. Setup/hold violation analysis capability allows users to test for violations occurring with current setup/hold settings. Test results display number of violations. Duration of test is user selectable. Users have the ability to automatically convert a test setup to a trigger setup for use by the logic analyzer trigger system.This would allow a user to determine exactly which channels may be failing their setup/hold requirements. This capability works with all TLA600 instruments, TLA7Nx/Px/Qx, and TLA7Axx modules.
- TPI.NET – New remote programming functionality using .NET-programming interfaces. This provides a wider choice of development languages. With .NET, component developers can use any language that supports .NET – VC++, C#, VB, and others. By comparison COM/DCOM component developers were limited to the languages that the TLA explicitly supported, VC++ and VB. .NET also provides increased developer productivity. The .NET development environment is significantly more productive than the current COM development environment. In other words, it is a lot easier for a third party developer to create a .NET component than it is to create a COM component. TPI.NET will provide increased instrument control, including more trigger and setup control, more compare and repetitive control. COM/DCOM will continue to be supported with existing capabilities. No new commands have been added to COM/DCOM support.
- Protocol Display Window and Protocol Designer – Protocol Display is a new data window to be added to the “Add Data Window” wizard.Display window provides traditional three-paned protocol view; packet overview, packet decode, and hex data. Filter data on protocol field values. View packet data across multiple protocols. Protocol Designer allows you to define or modify your own protocol and stack definitions.
- Multi-language Windows 2000 Professional – Delivered standard with the TLA. This new version of Windows 2000 Professional with Service Pack 3 will allow the Windows graphical user interface to be shown in a native language. Also provides fonts for localized applications. Supports 31 local languages.
- Import/Export Channel and Group Definitions – Import from file or export to file channel names and group definitions. Exports to a text file the current LA channel names and groups. Edit this file with the text editor of your choice, and then import the edited channel names and groupings back in from the modified file.
- EasySetup Wizard – New wizard to quickly show timing waveforms of your signals. Improve your time-to-data by allowing the logic analyzer to do the setup work for you.
- Zoom Immediate – User definable preferences to dictate how click-n-drag zoom box operates. Selections include zoom immediate, display context menu, show rectangle.
- DSO Channels have TDS Colors – The default DSO colors in the TLA waveform display will now match those on the TDS oscilloscopes – Ch 1 (yellow), Ch 2 (blue), Ch 3 (green), Ch 4 (magenta).
- Microsoft Windows Colors – The color definition for fonts, backgrounds, waveform colors, and other color definitions will now follow the traditional Windows color selection.
- LA Setup Toolbar – Streamlined view of logic analyzer setup controls that is organized for faster access to key setup components.
- Tools Toolbar and Menu Item – New toolbar dedicated to displaying toolbar buttons for tools. The toolbar contains the same things that are displayed in the new Tools menu of the menu bar. Users can decide to turn this toolbar on or off.
- Highlight Channel Names – A new capability to find and highlight channel names in the logic analyzer setup window. This will help users quickly and easily locate channel names among hundreds of names in the setup window.
- Rename Channel/Group from Data Window – Use a context menu to select “Rename” directly from the data window instead of having to rename the channel/group from the setup window.
- User-defined Default Waveform Height – This will allow users to modify the default waveform height in the waveform display.
- Support for LA Status Channels – Provides display of logic analyzer status channels in the listing display. These status channels include trigger state, allowing users to view what state the trigger machine was in when each sample was acquired.
- Per Channel Clock and Setup/Hold Violation Definition – Clocking setup parameters are now selectable by channel rather than by group. Program setup/hold violation detectors by channel rather than by group.
- Version 4.4 TLA Application Software – Newest version of TLA600 application software. Version 4.4 requires Windows 2000 Professional with Service Pack 4. Your existing TLA60x/61x/62x can easily be upgraded to Version 4.4 with the appropriate TLA6UP Field Upgrade Kit. Version 1.6 of the PatGen Application Software and PatGenVu are also included.
- Version 1.6 PatGen Application Software – Newest version of the TLA7PG2 pattern generator application. Version 1.6 PatGen Application Software is available either as part of the Version 4.4 TLA Application Software or on the Web (primarily for TLA704/711 and TLA714/720 users who have Windows 98 and Version 3.2 TLA Application Software).
Protect Your Investment By Moving Forward with Tektronix
Tektronix is committed to continually introducing new mainframe capabilities, new instrument modules and software features for the TLA family of logic analyzers. The following tables give an overview of the current TLA mainframe capabilities and the current TLA software versions.
Current TLA Mainframe Capabilities
The table below reflects the latest TLA mainframe capabilities:
Celeron 2.0 GHz
512 MB Standard
≥80 GB Fixed Standard
Second Hard Disk Available
Internal Display Resolution
External Display Resolution
Up to 1600x1200 with 2 outputs
Yes - Internal
PC Card Support
Four USB 2.0
10/100 Mb LAN
Current TLA Software Versions
The table below reflects the latest software version numbers for each of the TLA application software components:
TLA Software Component
TLA Application Software Release
TLA Application SW
TPI Client SW
PatGen App SW
PPI Client SW
Windows 2000 SP4
Windows 2000 SP3
Windows 2000 SP2
Windows 2000 SP1
Microsoft Windows 98
Microsoft Windows 95
What Upgrades Are Available For My TLA60X/61X/62X Logic Analyzer?
The TLA family of logic analyzers have a variety of upgrade paths to assist you in protecting your TLA investment. The chart below shows you the many ways that you can upgrade your current TLA and refers you to the appropriate section in the remainder of this TLA Upgrade Guide:
New Capability Desired
You Currently Own
Please Refer to Section
Add More DRAM & Larger HDD
Add New User Interface and Operating System SW Features
Add New iView External Oscilloscope Capability
Upgrade Logic Analyzer State Speed or Memory Depth
Utilize TLA Family Software Support Library
Any TLA logic analyzer
Latest TLA Family Documentation
Any TLA logic analyzer
Applications Support and Training
Tektronix has a wealth of resources that can help you maximize the utilization of your TLA logic analyzer. In the field, we have a team of applications engineers who you can talk with or have them visit your site to discuss your application, all at no charge. We also have a team of very experienced applications engineers in our Tektronix Technical Support Center that can be reached either by phone or e-mail:
- Inside US: 1-800-TEK-WIDE (1-800-835-9433, ext. 2400) (6AM-5PM PST)
- Outside US: (503) 627-2400 (6AM-5PM PST)
- E-mail: [email protected]