Opt. LPDDR5SYS - System Level Transmitter Tests Datasheet
LPDDR5 Memory Interface Electrical Verification and Debug
The DDR (Dual Data Rate) is a dominant and fast-growing memory technology. It offers high data transfer rates required for virtually computing applications, from consumer products to the most powerful servers. The high speed of these signals requires high-performance measurement tools. The Tektronix TekExpress DDR Tx is an automated test application used to validate and debug the LPDDR5 designs of the DUT as per the JEDEC specifications. The solution enables you to achieve new levels of productivity, efficiency, and measurement reliability.
- Supports 52 measurements of LPDDR5 System Transmitter Tests as per DDR5 JEDEC specification:
- 09 Clock measurements
- 11 Write Clock measurements
- 11 Write Data measurements
- 07 Read Data measurements
- 07 CA Rx Specification measurements
- 07 CS Rx Specification measurements
- User-Defined Acquisition (UDA) mode for Clock, Write Clock, CA, CS, Data Strobe, and data for both Write and Read traffic (or bursts).
UDA: The TekExpress DDR Tx ‘LPDDR5’ Transmitter Solution puts control back where it should be, with the user. User defined acquisition mode allows you to run LPDDR5 JEDEC compliance measurements by customizing scope settings like sample rate, record length, bandwidth, and more
- De-embedding support for Clock, Write Clock, CA, CS, Data Strobe, and data for both Write and Read traffic (or bursts)
- Number of UIs support for Clock, Write Clock and Read/Write data measurements
- Multi-Run feature is applicable for all tests
- Save worst case waveform in known/TekExpress sessions
- Retain Vertical Scale support during acquisition
- User-friendly measurementconfigurations
- Test report to reflect all the statistics of the measurement
- User can select the source and the channel in the acquisition panel
- Multiple Burst Detection Method supported - Read and Write, Write Only, Read Only, and Visual Search
- Hexagon shape mask and margin analysis for Write Data, CA, CS Eye measurement
Tektronix provides the most comprehensive solution to serve the needs of the engineers designing DDR silicon for server, computer, graphics systems, mobile, embedded systems, and for those who are validating the physical-layer compliance of DDR Memory Compliance Test Specification.
The Tektronix option LPDDR5SYS (TekExpress DDR Tx) includes compliance and debug solution for the following:
- DRAM components
- System boards
- Embedded systems
- Internet of things (IoT)
The Tektronix option LPDDR5SYS is compatible with the following Tektronix oscilloscope models:
- DPO71604SX, DPO72304SX, DPO73304SX
- Non-ATI channels of DPS75004SX, DPS75904SX, DPS77004SX
- MSO72304DX, MSO72504DX, MSO73304DX, DPO72304DX, DPO72504DX, DPO73304DX
The above-mentioned Tektronix oscilloscopes are designed to meet the challenges of the next generation memory standards and provide the industry’s leading vertical noise performance with the highest number of effective bits (ENOB) and flattest frequency response for oscilloscopes in their class.
LPDDR5 system level tests
The Tektronix TekExpress DDR Tx solution reduces the effort and accelerates the compliance testing for DDR systems and devices with several unique and innovative capabilities.
The TekExpress DDR Tx application provides a simple, step-by-step, and easy-to-use interface to speed up the testing process. User can select the memory technology of interest in Device, Data Rate, Burst Detection Method, select the probing configuration used for Clock, and strobe in the Setup DUT panel. Perform the test selection in the next step as per the measurement group (Clock, Command Address, Data Strobe, and Data for both Read and Write traffic (or bursts)) and individual measurements within the group provide different methods of Burst detection.
The TekExpress DDR Tx application comes with a unique feature to select or deselect the signal. Once the signal is selected in the acquisition panel, the user can select the signal source connected to the oscilloscope.
Easily de-embed the interposer and the probe effects by applying suitable de-embed filters within the LPDDR5 standard.
The option LPDDR5SYS adds a long list of JEDEC specific measurements for LPDDR5 memory standards. The TekExpress DDR Tx application covers Electrical measurements, Timing measurements, and Eye Diagram measurements as per the JEDEC standards.
Automated Read and Write Burst detection
The TekExpress DDR Tx provides different ways to detect the burst cycles that are used to perform measurements:
- Read Write Bursts – when the DUT traffic is configured to send both Read and Write bursts then this method is used for burst detection.
- Write Only – when the DUT traffic is configured to send all Write Bursts then this method is used for burst detection.
- Read Only – when the DUT traffic is configured to send all Read Bursts then this method is used for burst detection.
- Visual Search – defining Visual Trigger areas to identify and gate area of interest for measurements
The TekExpress DDR Tx test selection panel allows the user to select the various measurements supported by the application.
- Supports 52 measurements of LPDDR5 System Transmitter Tests as per LPDDR5 JEDEC specification:
- 09 Clock measurements.
- 11 Write Clock measurements.
- 11 Write Data measurements.
- 07 Read Data measurements
- 07 CA Rx Specification measurements.
- 07 CS Rx Specification measurements.
Ease of use measurement configuration to configure measurements by group instead of running through all the 50+ measurements.
Results and reporting with waveform
The measurement configurations and JEDEC pass/fail limits are automatically applied for the selected measurements based on the memory specification and the selected speed grade. The results report includes DDR measurements of statistical data, measurement plots, and the screenshot of the waveforms with the cursors. Hyperlinks within the report allow you to navigate between the sections.
When test execution is complete, the application automatically opens the Results panel and displays the summary of test results.
Verification versus debug
The TekExpress DDR Tx application provides a comprehensive set of JEDEC timing and electrical measurements for the LPDDR5 standard. Also, it provides access to the DPOJET Advanced Jitter and Timing analysis engine that allows flexibility to reconfigure the existing measurements or to perform new measurements that are not defined by the JEDEC specification using new user-specified test limits.
Oscilloscope triggering and waveform identification
The Tektronix Pinpoint® trigger system provides the most comprehensive high-performance trigger system in the industry. The Pinpoint trigger system encompasses threshold and timing related triggers, Dual A and B Event Triggering, Logic Qualification, Window Triggering, and Reset Triggering.
The Advanced Search and Mark feature in the Tektronix MSO/ DPO5000, DPO7000, and MSO/DPO70000 Series oscilloscopes find unique events in the waveforms. It scans acquired waveform data for multiple occurrences of an event and marks each occurrence.
The Search and Mark feature has a close relationship with the Pinpoint trigger system since they both can be used to discriminate signal characteristics. Search and Mark includes signal-shape discrimination features of the Pinpoint trigger system and extends them across live channels, stored data, and math waveforms.
The Visual Trigger makes the identification of the desired waveform events quick and easy by scanning all the acquired analog waveforms and comparing them with the geometric shapes on the display. By discarding the acquired waveforms which do not meet the graphical definition, Visual Triggering extends the oscilloscope’s trigger capabilities beyond the traditional hardware trigger system.
DPO71604SX, DPO72304SX, DPO73304SX, DPS75004SX, DPS75904SX, DPS77004SX, MSO72304DX, MSO72504DX, MSO73304DX, DPO72304DX, DPO72504DX, and DPO73304DX.
|P7720||20 GHz TriMode probe with TekFlex connector technology|
|P7716||16 GHz TriMode probe with TekFlex connector technology|
|P77STFLXA/P77STCABL||Active, Solder-in Tip with TekFlex connector technology, probe tips to probe directly on the motherboard/vias or interposers with 0 Ω resistor.|
|P77STFLXB/P77STLRCB||Active, Solder-in Tip with TekFlex connector technology, probe tips to probe on the SI Interposer with 100 Ω resistor (Nexus XH Series Interposer).|
|SI Interposer||EdgeProbeTM, Direct Attach, and Socketed Interposer are available from Nexus. Order directly from Nexus. Request the s-par files for all individual signals on the interposer instead of getting a generic nominal s-par model.|
Refer the Nexus's page for more information: http://www.nexustechnology.com/products/memory-interposers/lpddr5-mobile-memory-interposers/
To order a new DPO/MSO70000 Series
|SX, DX >= 16G|
|DPO-UP LPDDR5SYS||License: LPDDR5 TekExpress Compliance/Debug Automation Memory Bus Electrical Validation and Analysis Software (require options SDLA64, DJA, and VET)|
|DPO71604SX LPDDR5SYS||License: LPDDR5 TekExpress Compliance/Debug Automation Memory Bus Electrical Validation and Analysis Software (require options SDLA64, DJA, and VET)|
|DPO72304SX LPDDR5SYS||License: LPDDR5 TekExpress Compliance/Debug Automation Memory Bus Electrical Validation and Analysis Software (require options SDLA64, DJA, and VET)|
To order floating licenses on existing DPO/MSO70000 Series
|Product Nomenclature||Description||Mapped Options||Required Options|
|DPOFL-LPDDR5SYS||License; LPDDR5 System-level Tx TekExpress Compliance/ Debug Automation Software; Floating||LPDDR5SYS||SDLA64, DJA, and VET|
|DPOFT-LPDDR5SYS||License; LPDDR5 System-level Tx TekExpress Compliance/ Debug Automation Software; Floating Trial||LPDDR5SYS||SDLA64, DJA, and VET|