DisplayPort™ 1.4 Sink Calibration and Test Software (DP-SINK-BSX/DP-SINK)
Developed for Tektronix by Granite River Labs (GRL), DisplayPort 1.4 PHY Sink Calibration and Test software for the Tektronix BERTScope BSX (DP-SINK-BSX) and BERTScope BSA (DP-SINK) provides an automated, simple, and efficient way to test DisplayPort Sink (Receiver) devices per the Jitter Tolerance requirements of the DisplayPort physical layer compliance test specification (CTS) version 1.4 and DisplayPort over USB Type-C 1.0a CTS.
DP-SINK-BSX software automates stressed signal calibration and jitter tolerance testing at all DisplayPort data rates (RBR, HBR, HBR2, and HBR3) with a single setup and runs on any Windows 7 PC or oscilloscope.
DP-SINK-BSX supports all sink devices; USB Type-C display or multi-port adapters, docks, and monitors with either USB Type-C or standard DisplayPort connectors. TP2 and TP3 test point calibration is achieved by simply adjusting the ISI using the Artek CLE-1000-A2.
Link training, compliance, and margin testing through DPCD registers is automated using the Unigraf DPT-200 (reference source with AUX control) for standard connector designs and GRL-USB-PD-C2 for USB Type-C designs. Margin testing stresses the receiver to failure at user-defined jitter amplitude and frequency steps, revealing the true capabilities of your receiver design.
DP-SINK-BSX can be further customized by the user or GRL Engineering using GRL’s full KayaQ automation framework. Contact GRL at [email protected] or through your Tektronix Account Manager for further details.
- Automated DisplayPort Sink electrical calibration and compliance testing consistent with the VESA approved CTS (compliance test specifications) and MOIs (method of implementation).
- Jitter tolerance compliance test calibration
- 100% coverage of sink jitter tolerance tests per DisplayPort PHY 1.4 draft and DP over USB Type-C CTS
- Automated DDJ (ISI) calibration TP2 or TP3 using Artek CLE-1000-A2
- Jitter margin testing with user-defined amplitude and frequency steps
- Simple setup, test execution, and reporting in HTML and .csv formats
- Fully integrated with Unigraf DPT-200 reference source or GRL-USB-PD-C2 (USB Type-C power delivery analyzer) with AUX control for link training and checking
- Automate VESA method of implementation (MOI) using Tektronix test equipment
- Achieve consistent results with rapid calibration and test execution
- Reduce technical risk using an industry accepted calibration methodology
- Calibrate and test at all test points and data rates with a single setup
- Extended customization available through GLR's full KayaQ™ automation framework.
|Data rates||RBR (1.62 Gb/s), HBR (2.7 Gb/s), HBR2 (5.4 Gb/s), HBR3 (8.1 Gb/s)|
Automated stressed eye calibration