MPEG Handheld Tester
Features & Benefits
- Get New Installations Up and Running Faster by Reducing Kit Share and Improving Fault Diagnosis/Stream Conformance Measurement
- Transport Stream Error Status Available at a Glance Allowing the User to Fix Faults Faster
- Truly Portable Handheld MPEG Test Tool Allows Rapid, Go Anywhere Response
- System Troubleshooting
- MPEG-2 System Commissioning
- MPEG-2 System Maintenance
- Physical Layer Measurement Including Signal Level
- Data Presence
- Cable Stability
- MUX Output Confidence Testing
- Hub Routing Test
- HDTV/SD Confidence Testing
- Fault Isolation to Transport and Physical Layer
- Routine Maintenance
- Disaster Recovery Through Widespread Deployment
- Contribution Feed Fault Isolation
AD920 is the first line of defense for critical MPEG error analysis. Its rugged casing and simple operation make it perfect for field use. Ideal for simple error checking, the AD920 monitors an ASI/SMPTE310M stream in real time giving graphical indication of stream associated rates, and counts errors as defined in TR 101 290 (formerly ETR290) First priority *1 testing. A log of errors is maintained on screen giving the user historical representation of stream associated errors.
*1 Does not include PID error (1.6) test.
- Transport stream ID
- Maximum rate indication
- PAT error indication
- PMT error indication
- Continuity count error
- Transport error
- Sync byte error
- Data rate
- Transport rate
- Sync loss
- Packet size
- ASI data mode - ASI only
- ASI validity - ASI only
- Clock rate - ASI only
- Signal level
- Transport stream error status available at a glance
- Graphical representation of key test conditions
- Selectable audible alarm
- Test run clock
- Cumulative error count
- Error count over cycle time for simple logged comparison
- Unit status
- Battery status
- Up to 100 Mb/s transport rate
- Rugged design
- Splash proof
- Hard-wearing carry case (Optional)
- Fast charge of Lithium Ion power cell
- Over 5 hours continual usage following fast charge
Tests and Measurements
The AD920 performs the following tests on ASI and SMPTE310M unless otherwise stated.
Transport Stream ID
Displays the transport stream ID from the PAT.
Checks for the presence of PAT tables and tests for errors.
Looks for the presence of PMT table and tests for errors.
Continuity Count Error
Checks for continuity counter errors in the PAT.
Transport Error Indicator
Checks for a set transport error flag in a packet.
Sync Byte Error
Checks for sync loss.
Measures the actual data rate within the transport stream (i.e. excluding NULL packets). Bar and value display. Rate bar = 64 Kb/s to 100 Mb/s.
Measures the transport stream rate including NULL packets. Bar and value. Rate bar = 64 Kb/s to 100 Mb/s.
Checks whether the unit has locked onto the stream (synchronized).
Checks for sync loss. Number of sync losses.
ASI Data Mode
ASI only Checks the data arrival mode for individual bytes (Byte) or multiple bytes (Burst).
ASI 10-Bit Code Validity
ASI only Checks the validity of the recovered characters.
ASI only Compares recovered clock frequency with internal 27 MHz clock reference. Bar & error value display.
Measures actual signal level at the connector. Bar and value. Measurement in mV.
Measures battery status and charging conditions. Bar to indicate charge status. Low battery warning.
Note: LEDs to indicate battery charging status fitted on charger unit.
Indicates the power status of the unit and unit diagnostics. LCD display being active indicates that the unit is on. The time indicator will indicate that the unit is functioning correctly.
Displays a free running clock. Display of hours, minutes and seconds since turned on or reset.
Power - Li-Ion >5 hours continuous.
Operating Temperature - 0 °C to 40 °C.
Max transport rate: 100 Mb/s.
Min transport rate: 64 Kb/s.
CSA C22.2 No. 1010.1, EN61010–1, IEC61010–1, UL3111–1
9 to 14.5
3.54 to 5.71